Here's the Saline County COVID-19 vaccination report for Tuesday:
●Saline County is currently in Phase 1 of vaccine distribution. (Note from Salina Post: According to an earlier COVID-19 vaccination update from Saline County, Phase 1 includes healthcare workers, long-term care employees and patients, and EMS.)
●Phase 1 will last at least until the end of January.
●No county in Kansas will move into Phase 2 until all counties have finished Phase 1.
●The Saline County Health Department has secured a location for a semi-permanent vaccination clinic.
●The Health Department continues to be overwhelmed with calls inquiring about when vaccines will be made available for those outside of the Phase 1 group. This places and excess burden on our staff and impedes our ability to serve our community. The Health Department will release information about Phase 2 to the public as soon as it is available.
Following the proven public health guidance to slow the spread of COVID-19 continues to be extremely important for everyone to do. Please:
1. Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds with warm soapy water. Use hand sanitizer if you do not have access to soap and water.
2. Maintain physical distance between yourself and others of at least 6 feet or more.
3. Wear masks in public spaces as required by City Ordinance and County Resolution. You must cover your nose and mouth for masks to be effective.
4. By Public Health Order, gatherings are limited to 15 persons or less (with certain exceptions for establishments).
5. Sanitize frequently touched surfaces and areas such as doorknobs, handles, cell phones, tablets, etc.
6. Stay home if you are sick. Regardless if you think it may be a cold, it could be allergies, but it also could be something worse.