Do you want to be part of creating a better experience where you live, work and play? Why not grow with a company where you are not just an employee, but where you can be an owner?
The North Platte Media Center at Eagle Communications is seeking a news director to help grow our newsgathering and publishing operations for our local radio properties and market-leading news site. We are looking for a journalist who understands and loves the local relationship with — and responsibility to — their community and audience.
This position will be an integral part of the day-to-day newsgathering operations for the North Platte and Ogallala coverage area for our five radio stations and NorthPlattePost.com. Collaboration is key at Eagle, and the news director will work closely with the operations manager, market manager, marketing consultants, programmers, and the video team.
- Ensure reliable coverage of North Platte-area local news, and community events
- Guide and promote creativity and good programming practices with on-air and digital peers
- Broadcast news coverage
- Publish text, visual and audio content to NorthPlattePost.com
- Help maintain a growing social media presence on North Platte Post Facebook page, being responsive to posts and messages
- Providing Talent for Live Broadcasts for our clients
- Handling Severe Weather Coverage for our county coverage area in North Platte and Ogallala Region
- Attend City Council and community meetings as needed in North Platte and Ogallala
- News writing and on-air experience preferred; photography and video skills a plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms and ability to learn Eagle’s proprietary content management system
- Knowledge of radio production preferred
- Excellent communication skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience along with a competitive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check and motor vehicle check. Eagle Communications is an Employee-Owned company and an EEO employer.