Do you have a passion for wildlife in wild places and are interested in building connections between individuals and the natural world? Are you an educator at heart who could oversee and advance the Zoo’s educational opportunities and initiatives? If so, then Rolling Hills Zoo is looking for you to join our leadership team as Education Curator.
The Key Duties and Responsibilities of our Education Curator include:
• The development and implementation of all educational programs, on and off site, for all ages.
• Schedule and communicate with groups on field trips and education programing
• Supervises program leaders and education volunteers in their duties.
• Creates and implements zoo experience programs for guests and groups.
• Will routinely deliver education programs to a wide variety of audiences in different venues, both on-site and off-site.
• Responsible to uphold the mission and goals of RHZ in all educational programs.
• Trains and supervises Zoo Teens for education programming.
• Will network with other educators, locally and nationally, to continue to enhance and improve the quality of programming offered.
• Working with the General Curator, will comply with all Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ (AZA) guidelines and safety recommendations in the use of education program animals.
• Will attend meetings and conferences pertinent to zoo education and wildlife/conservation education.
• Will work with other departments to organize special events held at the Zoo and/or Museum.
• Other duties of a similar nature as otherwise assigned.
For a complete list of duties and responsibilities, experience requirements, qualifications and skills, go to: https://www.rollinghillszoo.org/employment to apply.
RHZ is a drug free workplace and values diversity in our work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.