Looking to get your career started?
Eagle is committed to training our technicians to provide them with the skills and tools necessary to be successful. Our focus is growing your skill set so that you can quickly become a valued technician; one that our customers trust to deliver high-quality Eagle services.
Eagle Broadband is seeking a Full-Time Combination Field/Maintenance Outside Plant Technician based in the Abilene, KS and the surrounding region. Each day, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology in Digital Television, Internet, Wi-Fi, Telephone and customer premise equipment by providing technical solutions to our customers.
An Outside Plant Field/Maintenance Technician at Eagle Broadband will enjoy the freedom and flexibility of working independently. Every day brings new challenges and opportunities for continued growth. You will have the opportunity to meet new people and the satisfaction of providing our customers with the latest technology and services. Normal business hours are 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Our on-call rotation and desire to meet the demand of producing quality installation can change the flow of a normal day allowing the opportunity for overtime, including weekends.
Experience in RF outside plant maintenance is preferred, but not required. Qualified candidates can substitute with experience in a comparable field such as mechanics, HVAC, electrical, or other related hands-on trade roles. Candidates should have proven customer service experience. This position requires a valid driver’s license. This individual will be self-motivated and able to work independently. Candidates must have a stable work history and willing to work required shifts and overtime (as necessary). Candidates must be able to work after hours and on weekends as required. This position may include some travel.
- Drive company vehicle between office, headend, and work sites,
- Ability to use a 28 foot extension ladder and climbing equipment,
- Comfortable with attics and crawl spaces (as necessary),
- Work within or outside of a customer’s property,
- Ability to lift 70lbs,
- Ability to handle stressful situations and fast-paced troubleshooting environment,
- Ability to work overtime on regularly scheduled days or on scheduled days off due to customer or operational demands,
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions,
- Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to traveling to other systems, completing work scheduled for other co-workers and any other additional tasks.
- Maintain overall cable infrastructure in assigned location,
- Maintain and report on compliance in all systems of CLI, FCC and OSHA performance standards,
- Participate in performing 24-hour FCC Proof of Performance Test,
- Manage and monitor underground maintenance and line repair,
- Perform preventative maintenance of power supplies, plant electronics and physical plant components,
- Maintain plant health including preventative maintenance (i.e. adjusting amplifiers and line extenders as needed to maintain proper signal levels at customer locations),
- Knowledge of appropriate testing equipment (i.e. spectrum analyzer, signal level meters, TDR’s, cable line toners, ohm meters, CLI detection meters, full scan, etc.),
- End of line balance checks,
- Ability to read and comprehend system design prints,
- Work in seasonal weather any time of day as needed to resolve sudden outages,
- Perform the duties of a Service Technician, when needed, to troubleshoot and repair customer cable or high-speed internet services,
- Interact with customers in a professional, courteous manner, including responses to escalations and repeat customer concerns,
- Participate in scheduled on-call (stand-by) duties for providing technical repair and system maintenance during non-business hours,
- Work with low voltage electricity,
- Maintain satellite dish alignment and receivers at a headend facility.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background and motor vehicle check, drug test, and successfully complete a Physical Capacity Profile screening. Eagle Broadband is an EEO employer.