Applications must be made in person at the Administrative Office.
• Ability to work flexible shifts based on events and building needs including days, nights, weekends and some Holidays as needed.
• Ability to follow basic written and verbal instructions and directions.
• Ability to perform general labor; frequent lifting (some heavy).
• Good verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain a forklift certification preferred. (we will train)
• Ability to take direction.
• Conversions-Set up, reset and strike events
• Cleaning-maintain a clean building, before, during and after events.
• Maintains janitorial inventory controls, stocking for event needs and monitoring areas for cleanliness during events.
• Assists with floor re-waxing projects.
• Grounds, mowing edging, planting, trimming, sprinkler systems and snow removal.
• Assists in training employees on janitorial equipment, procedures and all other aspects of job functions
• Performs general labor as assigned.
• Sweeping, mopping, cleaning, washing windows, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms and all other aspects of building cleanliness.
• Conversion-setting up tables, chairs and stages for events. And striking the same
• Proper use of building equipment (carts, truck, lifts, scrubbers and all others).
• Maintain and organize all storage areas
Nonessential Job Functions:
• Perform other duties as assigned
Intellectual/Social/Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• The intellectual/social/physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under strict time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: Following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to foster collaboration, recognize and resolve conflicts and openly communicate with co-workers, clients and supervisors.
• While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly moves about the event site before/during/after events and lifts, pulls, holds, pushes and places objects. Also climbing ladders and stairs frequently. Stooping, bending and squatting. Working long shifts (above 8 hours). And constantly is required to exchange accurate information verbally and written.
• The essential functions of this position are performed both indoors and outdoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal before and after events. The Indoors is climate controlled about 90% of the time. Outside tasks are performed in the elements when needed, (snow/ice removal and lawn care).
Tony’s Pizza Events Center, 800 The Midway in Salina.