The annual parade downtown will kick off the Tri-Rivers Fair and Rodeo this week.
“Country Nights & Carnival Lights” is the theme of this year’s parade, which is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday. Because of construction on Santa Fe, the parade route again this year will be along Seventh Street, beginning at Elm Street and concluding at South Street. Kim Norwood is this year’s grand marshal.
The fair runs through Sunday in Salina’s Kenwood Park.
From 4-H and open class entries to the rodeo and carnival, fair activities and exhibits are available from morning until night. Here is a sampling of events:
- Carnival by Ottaway Amusements — beginning at 6 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday.
- Tri-Rivers Fair Rodeo — 7 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, Tri-Rivers Stadium.
- Micro Reality 1/10 Scale Stock Car Racing, 2-9 p.m. Friday and noon-8 p.m. Saturday in Tony’s Pizza Events Center’s Heritage Hall.
- 99KG’s Fairground Hoedown featuring Deana Carter, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Tri-Rivers Stadium
- Draft Horse Pull — 7 p.m. Saturday, Ag Hall
- Demo Derby — 8 p.m. Saturday, Tri-Rivers Stadium
- Tractor Pull — 4 p.m. Sunday, Tri-Rivers Stadium
For ticket information and a complete schedule of events (two-page pdf), click here.