A variety of items are on the Salina City Commission agenda for Monday.
Commissioners are scheduled to begin their work on Monday with a study session at 2 p.m. in room 107B of the City-County Building, 300 W. Ash. The agenda for the study session is as follows.
- 2 p.m. – Lower Smoky Hill Water Supply Access District Third Quarter/Annual Board Meeting
- 2:30 p.m. – Budget: Capital Improvement Program (CIP), Sub-CIP Plans
A time for public comment concerning the study session is scheduled for 3:45 p.m.
The regular commission meeting is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. Monday in room 107 of the City-County Building. A time for public comment is scheduled near the beginning of the meeting.
Items on the regular meeting agenda include the following.
- Consider approving Resolution No. 19-7715 authorizing the city manager to enter into an agreement with Travelers Property & Casualty Co of America/The Travelers Indemnity Company for the renewal of the City’s Comprehensive Property/Casualty Insurance Program.
- Consider approving Resolution No. 19-7713 authorizing the city manager to execute a three and one-half year agricultural lease agreement with Mattison and Son Farms, LLC for the North Marymount Road Tract 1-4 City agricultural property.
- Consider approving Resolution No. 19-7717 authorizing the city manager to execute an agreement with Allie Burris to provide indigent counsel services for the Salina Municipal Court.
- Consider calling a special study session of the City Commission to tour the Salina Parks system on Friday, June 21st beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- Hear the second reading of Ordinance No. 19-11002 amending the Future Land Use Map (Figure 2.1) of the Salina Kansas Comprehensive Plan to change the future land use designation of property located at the west end of Coachlight Lane west of North Ninth Street and south of Interstate 70 from future Conservation Area to future Commercial.
- Hear the first reading of Ordinance No. 19-11004 amending Chapter 8, Article III, Section 8-172.1 and Section 8-175 of the Salina Code to add a new category of contractor licensing for a Specialty Hood Suppression/Spray Booth Suppression Contractor.
- Hear the first reading Ordinance No. 19-11005 amending Chapter 14, Article III, Division 1 pertaining to the required electronic submittal of all fire and life safety inspection reports to the fire department via a third-party administrator designated by the city, or via an alternative method approved by the fire chief.
- Consider Resolution No. 19-7718 authorizing the mayor to execute an agreement with Brycer, LLC for Compliance Engine services related to the tracking of fire and safety system inspections in commercial businesses within the City of Salina.
- Hear the first reading Ordinance No. 19-11006 amending Section 7-34 of the Salina Code pertaining to keeping of bees and repealing the existing section.
- Salina Media Connection agreement follow-up.
- Consider a request to authorize city staff preparation of a Special Assessment Engineering Feasibility Report for Phases III a, b, c of the Stone Lake Addition.
To see the entire Salina City Commission meeting packet (a 169-page pdf), click here.