Saline County, in conjunction with the City of Salina, conducted a media briefing late Tuesday afternoon concerning the flooding in Saline County.
Here’s the latest information:
- As of 6 p.m. the shelter located at the Covenant Church at 2625 E. Magnolia has been put on standby. No residents have required sheltering at this time. The shelter can and will be back operational should this need change overnight by contacting the Salina Police Department at 785-826-7210 or Saline County Emergency Management at 785-826-6511.
- A shelter for household pets has been set up at the Saline County Expo Center, 900 Greeley in Kenwood Park for persons who need to evacuate their homes but cannot take their pets with them. Pets are being sheltered in Ag Hall and Barn 1.
- A sandbagging operation has been established at the Expo Center’s Ag Hall. Sandbag operations are scheduled to continue until 8 p.m. Tuesday.
- A dedicated webpage has been established by the city and county to provide residents with the most current information on forecasts, shelter locations, and maps with the most current road closures. To access that page, click here.
- Additionally, information will be posted on the city and county Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.