Proclamations, bonds, and bees are among the items on the Salina City Commission agenda for Monday.
The commission is scheduled to meet at 4 p.m. Monday in room 107 of the City-County Building, 300 W. Ash. A time for public comment is scheduled near the beginning of the meeting.
Commissioners are scheduled to consider two proclamation requests:
Proclaim the day of April 6, 2019, as “75th Anniversary of Altrusa International of Salina, KS Inc. Day” in the City of Salina. Brenda Smith, Altrusa International of Salina, Ks, Inc. service chair, is scheduled to read the proclamation.
Proclaim the month of April 2019 as “Fair Housing Month” in the city of Salina. Terri Hostetler, Human Relations Commission Chairwoman, is scheduled to read the proclamation.
Other items on the agenda include the following.
- Authorize sale of General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds Series 2019-A, and Temporary Notes Series 2019-1.
- Receive report on bids received.
- Second reading Ordinance No. 19-10994 authorizing the issuance and delivery of General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds, Series 2019-A.
- Resolution No. 19-7691 prescribing the form and details of and authorizing the delivery of General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds, Series 2019-A.
- Resolution No. 19-7692 authorizing and directing the sale and delivery of General Obligation Temporary Notes, Series 2019-1.
- Consideration of request for a permit to keep bees within the city of Salina.
Additionally, the commission is expected to go into executive session with environmental counsel for the Salina public entities and the city’s legal counsel regarding matters relating to anticipated mediation in the context of pending litigation in U.S. District Court relating to the former Schilling Air Force Base environmental matter.
To see the entire meeting packet (108 pages), click here.