Road work and vehicle bid awards are among the items on the Saline County Commission agenda for Tuesday.
The meeting is scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday in room 107 of the City-County Building, 300 W. Ash. A time for public comment is scheduled near the beginning of the meeting.
Items on the county commission agenda include the following.
- A discussion of Oliver Haag Scholarship criteria with Rick Lamer, livestock and expo director
- Consideration of establishing a memorandum of understanding between Saline County and Rural Water District #1 concerning an outdoor warning siren for Falun that is owned by RWD#1 but activated and monitored by the county.
- Consideration of a request from the Saline County Road and Bridge Department to award the bid for Hot-Mix patching, overlay, milling, and shouldering. Staff recommends accepting the bid from APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Division, Salina Branch in the amount of $1,419,462.50.
- Consideration of a request from the Saline County Sheriff’s Office to purchase four “Police Package” SUVs to replace aging sheriff’s office vehicles. Additionally, the sheriff’s office is asking to purchase a cargo van with a three-zone prisoner transport system to replace a 1999 van currently in use.
Following the meeting, the commissioners are scheduled to meet in a study session in room 217 of the City-County Building. Items on the study session agenda include the following.
- Cunningham Road Minimum Maintenance Application — Darren Fishel, road and bridge administrator (20 minutes)
- County Administrator Andrew Manley’s Weekly Update (20 minutes)
- Executive Session: Attorney-Client Privilege (30 minutes)
To view the entire county commission meeting packet, click here.