Art, emergency support and communications, and sewer and solid waste issues are among the items on the Salina City Commission meeting agenda for Monday.
Commissioners are scheduled to begin with a study session at 2:30 p.m. Monday in room 107B of the City-County Building, 300 W. Ash. The topic of the study session is an insurance broker services update. A time for public comment concerning the study session is scheduled at 3:45 p.m.
The regular commission meeting is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m. Monday in room 107 of the City-County Building. A time for public comment is scheduled near the beginning of the meeting.
During the meeting, the commissioners are scheduled to hear a request to proclaim the week of February 17-23, 2019, as Engineers Week in Salina. Jeff Drees, president of the Smoky Valley Chapter of the Kansas Society of Professional Engineers, is scheduled to read the proclamation.
Commissioners also are scheduled to consider a resolution appointing citizens to a variety of boards, commissions, and committees. People being considered for appointments include the following.
Accessibility Advisory Board
- Sadie Van Riper appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
Animal Control Advisory and Appeals Board
- Alisa Jester to fill the unexpired term of Dawn Cramer until August 31, 2019
- Fiona Beal to fill the unexpired term of Patricia Cutler until August 31, 2020
- Jaylee Straub appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
- Kelsie Gack appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
Arts and Humanities Commission
- Sadie Smith appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
- David Anderson appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
Building Advisory Board
- Duane Grace to fill the unexpired term of Ralph Carter, Jr., until August 31, 2019
- Amanda Blechle appointed as a real estate professional until August 31, 2021
Human Relations Commission
- Maleya White appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
- Chelsea Glavin appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Samuel Stone appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
- Kate Brull appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
Tree Advisory Board
- Ally Cochran appointed as a youth member until August 31, 2019
Other items on the city commission agenda for Monday’s meeting include the following.
- Hear the second reading Ordinance No. 18-10993 authorizing the execution of a Loan Agreement with the State of Kansas for the purpose of financing the Markley/Magnolia Sewer System Improvements.
- Consider Resolution No. 19-7667 authorizing the mayor to execute an agreement with SCS Engineers to perform professional engineering services for the Salina Municipal Solid Waste Landfill.
Resolution No. 19-7670 authorizing the acceptance of the 2018 People’s Choice Sculpture and its placement on public property, located at 211 West Iron Avenue (in front of the Smoky Hill Museum).
- Consider Resolution No. 19-7657 approving an updated and restated Community Art and Design policy.
- Consider Resolution No. 19-7671 authorizing the city manager to execute memorandums of agreement with Dickinson County, Ellsworth County, Harvey County, Lincoln County, McPherson County, Ottawa County, and Reno County for contingency and/or overflow support for 911 services.
- Consider authorizing the city manager to collaborate with representatives of Saline County to pursue special legislation to create statutory for a county-wide emergency communications district.
- Consider Resolution No. 19-7672 authorizing and providing for construction of certain improvements relating to the city’s solid waste facility as described in the Landfill Cell 20 project; and authorizing the issuance of temporary notes and/or general obligation bonds of the city to pay the costs thereof.
- Consider awarding a contract for municipal solid waste Landfill Facility Cell 20 construction, Project No. 80019.
- Consider recommendations regarding the sanitation plan.
- Consider Resolution No. 19-7673 authorizing the city manager to enter into an agreement with Smart Security, Inc. for security services at the Salina Municipal Court.
To view the entire city commission meeting packet, click here.