Food, drink, art, gardening, language, and exercise are among the more than forty courses available this spring through the Salina Public Library’s CLASS program.
The CLASS catalogs are now out and registration for the spring courses opens Feb. 4. There are three ways to register:
- Online registration opens at 9 a.m. Feb. 4 at salina.coursestorm.com
- Take your completed registration form and payment to the McKenzie Center, 308 W. Elm (across the street from the Salina Public Library), beginning February 4. The McKenzie Center is open from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Leave your completed registration and payment in the secure drop box on the front of the McKenzie Center, 308 W. Elm. Those registrations will be processed beginning at 9 a.m. Feb. 4.
According to the CLASS catalog, this will be the last “semester” for the current CLASS format.
In the catalog, Amy Adams, public relations and programs supervisor for the library, wrote, “As we all inevitably grow a little older, we hope that CLASS — and the larger Salina Public Library — can continue meeting your learning and exploring needs. We also hope to bring the joys of CLASS and the library to more people. That is why, beginning in May, the CLASS catalog will be merged with the library’s calendar, and twice-a-year CLASS semesters will shift to quarterly course offerings. You will now be able to find everything the library is offering in one place, and CLASS will be available to you almost all year round.”
Until then, following are the courses available this spring.
Arts & Crafts
- Basic Sculpture Welding & Metalworking
- Basic Sewing
- Basic Sewing for Kids
- Basic Soap Making
- Bits and Pieces Quilt Top
- Intermediate Wire-Wrapped Jewelry
- Monogram Laurel Wreath
- No Line Watercolor
- Pinterest Night
- Rural Americana Art: Barn Quilt Painting
- String Art Cotton Tailed Bunny
- Wire-Wrapped Jewelry
- Wood Picture Holders
- Guided Imagery
- Introduction to Chess
- Physical Cosmology for Everyone
Exercise & Movement
- Chair Yoga
- Every Body Yoga
- Social Dances for Beginners
- Tai Chi for Health
- Zumba Gold
Food & Drink
- Basic Sausage Making Techniques
- Casual and Simple Comfort Foods
- Czechoslovakian Kolace-Kolaches
- Food for Thought: Can Diet Prevent Alzheimer’s?
- Indian Feast
- More Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
- Simple Homemade Wine
- Summer Beer Tasting
- AARP Smart Driver Program
- Finance 101: Leave It, Move It, Take It
- Finance 101: Put Your Retirement to Work
- Finance 101: Retirement By Design
- Finish Projects in Two Weeks
- Gardening & Pest Control with Essential Oils
- Get Organized
- Green Cleaning with Essential Oils
- Home Funeral and Natural Burial Workshop
- Making End-of-Life Decisions
Language & Culture
- Chinese Calligraphy
- Chinese Language
- Spanish Conversation Club
For more information about the library’s CLASS program, visit the library’s website: https://salinapubliclibrary.org/.