The new Salina Drive-thru Recycling Center (SDRC) will open, Wednesday, July 11, 2018, at 8 a.m. with a public ribbon-cutting ceremony attended by the City Manager and City Commissioners. The SDRC will open for business to the public immediately following the ceremony.
The SDRC is located at 125 W. North Street (on the corner of Santa Fe Avenue and North Street). Normal business hours will be Wednesday-Saturday, 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. The SDRC is open to all Salina and Saline County residents.
1. Passenger cars, SUVs, light trucks, trailers, and vans only.
2. Drive-thru only. Walk-in service not available.
3. Please stop/wait when a red light is present, and only enter the recycling center when the light is green.
4. Remain in your vehicle throughout your visit.
5. Approach the designated drop-off point slowly, place the vehicle in park, shut-off engine, and open your trunk.
6. No Styrofoam, packaging “peanuts”, cigarettes, flammable materials, hazardous or toxic wastes, plastic bags, or liquids of any kind.
7. All recyclables must be clean and dry.
8. All bags and containers will be checked and unacceptable items returned.
9. Once your box, bin and unaccepted materials have been returned, please exit the building carefully.
Aluminum and steel (tin) beverage and food cans
Cardboard and pasteboard (flatten for better use of space)
Glass containers (all colors of food and beverage jars and bottles)
Magazines/catalogs, junk mail, office paper, books
Newspapers (including inserts)
Plastic beverage, food and soap containers (plastics 1-7)
Fluids or aerosols of any kind
Hazardous chemical containers (motor oil, pesticides, etc.)
Other glass (windshields or glass panes)
Other plastics not listed above
Styrofoam and packaging “peanuts”
For more information, call (785) 309-5750 or www.salina-ks.gov.