Rural fire crews from Geary and Dickinson County were called to fight the fire.
When fire crews arrived, they found a back bedroom fully involved in fire, according to Paul Froelich, Dickinson County Fire District One Chief.
“The fire had also breached the roof at that time,” he said.
Officials believe a candle in the back bedroom caused the fire.
The preliminary damage estimate has been placed at approximately $75,000.
There were no injuries. The residents were not home at the time of the fire, according to Froelich.