Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
AFC Sushi at Dillons #74, 2350 Planet Ave. (October 25) Regular Inspection
– Spray bottle of blue cleaner and spray bottle of sanitizer stored hanging on cart with nozzle above container of rice. Corrected on site: moved to chemical storage.
– Records for pH of sushi rice not completed since August 20, 2016.
– Written agreement from supplier of fish is dates January 2015.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for November 4.
Bishop Street Tavern, 717 Bishop St. (October 26) Regular Inspection
– Box of plastic wrap on floor in kitchen area.
– Raw bacon stored above oleo inside Jagetmefter reach-in cooler. Corrected on site: moved bacon to bottom shelf of True reach-in cooler.
– Open gallon of milk inside True reach-in cooler not dated when opened. Corrected on site: dated October 24 to October 30.
– Single use spoons and forks stored inside little buckets and cooking utensils stored a in container in prep area with lip contact surface upwards.
Blacksmith Country Bar, 1700 W. Beverly Dr. (October 26) Regular Inspection
– Open gallon of milk not dated when opened. Corrected on site: dated October 21 to October 27.
– Cartons of raw shell eggs stored on shelf above milk. Corrected on site: moved eggs to bottom shelf.
Coyote Canyon, 2351 S. 9th St. (October 24) Complaint Inspection
– Back door propped open by sliding bolt lock during inspection.
– Container of raw beef stored setting on top of case of raw shell eggs. Corrected on site: moved raw beef to separate area.
Dollar General Store #10785, 840 E. Crawford St. (October 24) Regular Inspection
– Case of snack chips setting on floor next to front door Gatorade reach-in cooler.
– 7 count of Goodie’s liquid headache pain relief dated May 15 in bargin bin. Corrected on site: removed from sale.
– Packages of raw Smithfield breakfast sausage stored touching ready to eat polish sausage in south retail reach-in cooler. Corrected on site: moved raw sausage to bottom shelf.
– Case of plastic “solo type cups” setting on floor in single use paper goods aisle.
Hickory Hut, 1617 W. Crawford St. (October 25) Regular Inspection
– Scooping pitcher inside bin of basic spice has handle touching the spice. Corrected on site: removed.
Howard Johnson Inn, 222 E. Diamond Dr. (October 27) Regular Inspection
– Single use plastic forks being dispensed from container with lip contact surface upwards. Corrected on site: turned lip contact surface downwards.
– Dried on milk under edge of counter top below cereal area.
– No utensil available for self service bread. Corrected on site: supplied with food grade tissue.
Huddle House, 2250 N. Ohio St. (October 25) Modified Complaint Inspection
– No violations.
Iron Skillet, 2125 S. 9th St. (October 24) Follow Up Inspection
– No violations.
Kansas Wesleyan Dining Services, 100 E. Claflin Ave. (October 26) Regular Inspection
– Vents in north hood are missing.
– Pumpkin puree dated October 17 opened inside dessert reach-in cooler and container of marinara sauce dated prep on October 18. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
Kmart #7169, 400 S. Broadway Blvd. (October 24) Regular Inspection
– Case of halloween candy setting on floor at front door display.
Kwik Shop #742, 657 Fairdale Rd. (October 24) Follow Up Inspection
– Light above warewashing area not covered or protected (repeat violation).
Menards, 805 Virginia Ct. (October 24) Regular Inspection
– No violations.
Singh Travel Plaza, 2124 N. Hedville Rd. (October 25) Regular Inspection
– Handwashing sink blocked with cardboard box on top of basin. Corrected on site: moved box.
– Pizza cooking area across from self service soda fountain, allowing unnecessary persons access. Corrected on site: moving tables and display to limit access to preparation area.
– Green Menard’s bucket used as ice bucket. Corrected on site: lined with ice bag until new bucket can be bought.
– Case of single service cups setting on floor in back room.
– Ice bagged in establishment not labeled with address.
Sonic Drive-In #2, 2615 S. Market Place (October 26) Regular Inspection
– Single use items setting on floor of exterior shed.
– The exterior top of RoundUp steamer is covered in crumbs and fries with a drawer below for steaming food. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– Plastic bus tubs stored as clean area nested together with water between tubs.
– Door to exterior shed containing single use products has a gap approximately 3 inches along the bottom.
– Standing water on floor behind slush machine.
– Open beverage setting on prep table in back area. Corrected on site: moved to desk.