Over the past week, the team has added wide receiver Jeffrey Cameron, defensive back Nakia Brown, kicker Drew O’Brien, defensive lineman Marty Everett, and offensive lineman Kyle McManus.
- Cameron, a 6’2″, 210 lbs. wide receiver out of Jacksonville State University, is a native of Tupelo, Mississippi. He previously played for the Dodge City Law in 2015, where he caught just 2 passes in 8 games for 43 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Brown is a 5’10”, 185 lbs defensive back out of Navarro College. During his senior campaign at Longview, Texas High School, Brown had 59 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 forced fumble, 8 pass breakups, 4 punt return touchdowns.
- O’Brien is a 6’0″, 210 lbs. kicker out of Fort Hays State University. He is the school’s all-time leading scorer. A Hays native and graduate of Thomas More Prep-Marian High School, O’Brien will reunite with former Tiger teammates linebacker Brock Long and running back Edward Smith, returnees from the Liberty’s inaugural season this past spring. A four-year starter for the Tigers, O’Brien broke Fort Hays State’s 49-year-old school scoring record in the eighth game of his senior season. He finished his career with 244 total points and is on the top 10 list of numerous kicking and punting categories at Fort Hays State. In four years at Fort Hays State, O’Brien was 148 for 156 on extra points and 32 for 52 on field goals with a career long of 48 yards.
- Everett, a 6’6″, 330 lbs. defensive lineman, is a native of Bushnell, Florida, where he played at South Sumter High School. Everett was a standout defensive lineman that originally signed with North Carolina State. After leaving the Wolfpack, he signed with the Butler Grizzlies and ultimately ended up at Hinds Community College.
- McManus is a 6’1″ lbs, 350 lbs. offensive lineman out of Concordia University. He has previously played in the CIF with the Sioux City Bandits, the Dodge City Law and the Wichita Force as well as the Green Bay Blizzard of the Indoor Football League (IFL).
The five new signees join a Liberty roster that continues to grow. The current roster can be viewed by clicking here.