Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
Braum’s Ice Cream #207, 656 S. Ohio St. (October 14) Complaint Inspection
– Ceiling tiles above sundae area are splattered with food debris
– Can of fly spray setting on shelf above nuts in store room. Corrected on site: moved to chemical storage area.
– Sundae syrup container has corner chipped off. Corrected on site: removed from use.
– Spoon with ice on surface stored inside non-running well. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing and turned on water.
– Grease formed liked droplets on light covers inside grill hood.
– Diced tomatoes and jalapeno cheese slices not marked with time removed from cold holding. Corrected on site: marked dispose at 9:30 a.m.
– Area of milk dispenser above milk nozzle had accumualtion of dried milk. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– Microwave above freezer in cooking area had dried on food debris on bottom. Per person in charge, microwave is cleaned weekly. Educated to clean daily.
– Case of single use cups setting on floor in store room.
Burger King #10701, 2650 S. 9th St. (October 19) Complaint Inspection
– No thermometer inside True make table reach-in cooler.
– Inside door ledge of frozen drink machine had residue of spilled syrup. Interior bottom cabinet below self service pop machine is sticky and had accumulation of debris. Residue of syrup on south side of drive through pop machine.
– Tomato debris on slicer and vitamix pitcher had residue on interior. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing.
Dollar Tree #1351, 2450 S. 9th St. (October 19) Regular Inspection
– Label missing from what appears to be peanut butter. Corrected on site: removed from sale.
– Packages of raw pork bacon and raw turkey bacon stored on shelf above. Ready to eat polish sausage inside retail reach-in cooler. Corrected on site: moved raw foods to bottom shelf. No follow up due to packaged bacon stored above packaged ready to eat foods where there is no evidence of leakage from the bacon.
– Ladies toilet room trash receptacle not covered.
– 1 box of Tropical Grove Guava flavored juice is sticky and moldy. 1 can of Campbell’s soup, 1 can of Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup, 1 can of Eden’s Kitchen peach halves, and 1 can of Caribbean Joe coconut milk have top can seams creased and/or crushed. Corrected on site: removed from sale.
– Cans of liquid Fancy Heat stored on shelf above single service items in party aisle. Corrected on site: removed liquid Fancy Heat from shelf.
– Cases of Halloween candy setting on floor in seasonal candy area.
– Case of foam plates setting on floor in paper goods area.
Iron Skillet, 2125 N. 9th St. (October 13) Regular Inspection
– No date on pans of mexican casserole inside walk-in cooler. Corrected on site: dated October 10 through October 16.
– Interior of microwave had dried on food debris at front wait area counter. Per person in charge, not cleaned in last 24 hours. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– Container of beans dated October 5 through October 10 and container of pico dated October 5 through October 11. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Area above mixing cups of shake machine covered in dried on food residue. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– 4 count reduced oxygen package of salmon in north make table reach-in cooler thawing since Octoner 10 unopened. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction and educated.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for October 24.
Martinelli’s Little Italy, 158 S. Santa Fe Ave. (October 13) Regular Inspection
– 3 stainless pans and one spoon stored as clean had dried on food residue on food contact surface. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing.
– Can of butane stored above box of food storage bags. Corrected on site: moved to bottom shelf.
– Side of west make table reach-in cooler covered in spills. Per person in charge, will be cleaned after lunch rush.
Petro Stopping Center, 2125 S. 9th St. (October 18) Complaint Inspection
– Rice cooked day before inspection ranges between 45 to 55 degrees F inside 3 separate plastic tubs inside Popeye’s walk-in cooler. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Wet wiping cloth setting on top of prep area counter top next to handwashing sink in Petro area.
– Coleslaw temperature at 45 degrees F inside Popeye’s walk-in cooler since night before inspection. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– No ingredients on cups of pudding inside case cooler at Petro.
– Stainless steel pans stored as clean on storage rack in Popeye’s were nested together with water between pans.
– Spray bottle of blue liquid under Petro beverage area handwashing sink not labled with common name. Corrected on site: labeled window cleaner.
– Bus tubs of rice cooled inside walk-in cooler while covered and stacked on top of each other. Corrected on site: educated.
– No business name on bagged ice inside reach-in freezer at Petro.
– Pork and beans and pudding cups dated for disposal on October 25 in Petro case cooler. Corrected on site: redated for October 20, 7 days after opened.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for October 28.
– Note: inspection included Popeye’s restaurant located inside of Petro Stopping Center
Schlotzsky’s Deli #1813, 2480 S. 9th St. (October 19) Regular Inspection
– Self service lemon wedges on beverage bar not under a sneeze guard or covered. Corrected on site: covered with lid.
– Ceiling above bakery and slicer area covered in dust. Floor next to pop storage rack had accumulation of debris.
– Spray bottle of sanitizer setting on top of prep table. Corrected on site: moved to chemical storage area.
– Case of single service lids setting on floor in storage area.
– Personal cell phone setting on prep table between north wall make table and drive thru. Corrected on sote: moved and educated.
– Top doors of salad make table and start of line make table are falling apart.
– Wall between front register area and bakery is crumbling.
– Wet wiping cloth setting on counter top in drive thru area.
– Knife rack next to south wall make table and in slicer area were covered in food debris. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– Scales on prep area shelf covered in food debris. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– Blade of can opener covered in sticky residue. Corrected on site: moved to warewashing.
– Open can of soda on counter top in drive thru area. Corrected on site: disposed.
-Front of doors and handles of north wall make table covered in dried on food residue. Interior bottoms of all make table reach-in coolers covered in spilled food debris. Fan on shelf above north wall make table covered in dust.
Sunny Side Patch, 11500 S. Hopkins Rd. – Assaria (October 19) Regular Inspection
– No Violations.