Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
All-Star Lanes, 624 S. Broadway Blvd. (October 3) Regular Inspection
– Interior divider of ice machine has accumulation of mold. Corrected on site: cleaned in place and called for service.
Chuck’s Bar, 600 N. Santa Fe Ave. (October 3) Follow Up Inspection
– Pulled pork temperature at 53 degrees F inside walk-in cooler. Cooling since night before inspection, per person in charge. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Cooling approximately 30 pounds of pulled pork inside plastic bus tub covered with plastic wrap. Corrected on site: not cooled within 6 hours, voluntary destruction. Educated on cooling methods.
Imperial Garden, 844 E. Crawford St. (October 3) Follow Up Inspection
– Two plastic lids on clean dish rack cracked (repeat violation). Corrected on site: will wrap in plastic if used. Owner bought new lids at local store and had to order more. Not requesting Administrative Review due to only two lids out of 40 and more lids on order.
– Plastic pans stored as clean are nested together with water between pans. Corrected on site: removed from clean dish rack to be recleaned.
La Quinta Inn & Suites, 201 E. Diamond Dr. (October 3) Regular Inspection
– Box of plastic wrap setting on floor next to reach-in cooler in kitchen.
– No thermometer inside Haier reach-in cooler. Corrected on site: put thermometer inside reach-in cooler.
– Wet wiping cloth setting on cart handle. Corrected on site: stored in sanitizer.
– Milk at 46 degrees F inside Haier reach-in cooler. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
Sacred Heart High School, 234 E. Cloud St. (September 29) Follow Up Inspection
– No Violations.
Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, 1616 W. Crawford St. (September 29) Follow Up Inspection – Lodging
– No Violations.
Tan Viet Oriental Food Store, 1722 S. 9th St. (October 3) Regular Inspection
– Light above 3 vat sink not shielded or protected.
– Five packages of oyster mushrooms are moldy. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction.
– Cases of food setting on floor in back room.
– No thermometer in 4 door or Masterbuilt reach-in coolers.
– No hand drying provisions available at handwashing sink in prep area. Corrected on site: supplied paper towels.
– Raw Nam sausage on shelf above fresh produce. Corrected on site: moved to bottom. No follow up due to no leakage onto produce, meat vacuum packaged.
– Nam sausage temperature at 50-51 degrees F inside Masterbuilt reach-in cooler. Red bean bread at 79.5 degrees F. Bread on shelf at ambiment temperature. Corrected on site: voluntary destruction and unblocked air flow of reach-in cooler.
– No hot water at 3 vat handwashing sink. Corrected on site: turned on water heater.
– Two doors to establishment were propped open upon inspector’s arrival. Corrected on site: doors closed.
– Pork blood, and frozen packaged in establishment raw meats, not labeled with “safe handling” requirements.
– Dishware drying in rack setting on top of handwashing sink basin. Corrected on site: moved dishware.
– Milk bath soap stored touching packages of chinese bbq spice. Corrected on site: moved soap. No follow up due to no leakage on packaged food.
– Pork blood not labeled at manufacturer. Per person in charge, pork blood from Tan Hung Food Supply in Wichita.