Food safety and lodging inspections are unannounced, and inspection results represent only those conditions found in the establishment at the time of the inspection.
9th Street Diner, 2100 S. 9th St. – Suite A (August 30) Follow Up Inspection
– Open bag of lettuce salad mix, chicken salad and pimento cheese spread not dated when opened or prepared inside walk-in cooler. Made on August 27 per employee (repeat violation). Corrected on site: person in charge disposed on his own.
– No detectable sanitizer in wiping cloth storage bucket (repeat violation). Corrected on site: making quaternary ammonia sanitizer at room temperature.
– Guard on mixer above clean bowl is covered in dried on food debris. Per employee, mixer not used on day of inspection (repeat violation). Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for October 30.
Coronado Elementary School, 518 Neal (August 31) Regular Inspection
– No Violations.
Long John Silvers/A&W, 1019 E. Crawford St. (August 30) Complaint Inspection
– South side area of pop fountain between fountain and ice machine is dripping condensation leaving a green residue.
– Case of single use clam shells setting on floor of store room.
– Ceilng in drive thru area covered in dust, wall on north side of pop fountain has accumulation of mold. Corrected on site: cleaned.
– Accumualtion of mold on self service water lever of pop fountain. Corrected on site: cleaned in place.
Salina Ambassador Hotel & Conference Center, 1616 W. Crawford St. (August 29) Modified Complaint Inspection
– Received email from establishment on August 26 to notify of infestation. Rooms were put in Do Not Rent immediately upon discovery.
– Room 153 has one dead bed bug on bed by wall.
– Room 246 has 3 live bed bugs, casings, spotting and one nymph on bed by wall.
– Notice of non-compliance issued. Follow up inspection scheduled for September 29.
Sunset Elementary School, 1510 W. Republic Ave. (August 29) Regular Inspection
– True reach-in cooler temperature at 49.8 degrees F. Corrected on site: called for service and moved potentially hazardous foods to milk cooler.
Taco Bell, 1040 E. Iron Ave. (August 29) Complaint Inspection
– Plastic pans nested together with water between pans on clean dish rack. Corrected on site: unstacked and educated.
– North side of self-service pop machine has accumulation of debris.
– Cases of cups and lids setting on floor in office area.